I notice this blog is getting more subscribers! At the time of this posting until Friday, I will be importing (or attempting to import) subscribers to our website.
Please subscribe at our new blog post until then!
And please read our last update for more info:
After this week, subscriptions will be closed at this URL, as well as commenting and more. All the old posts from here have been moved over to the new site where the commenting feature is enabled.
At the new site, you will find things like…
- Latest project/items for sale:
- Latest product we love:
- Most recent posts by Mongo:
- Upcoming posts by Ghillieman:
The Paracord of all Paracords
- Our store will soon be live!!!
So, please head on over. You’ll be glad you did.
We’re currently live over at our new official website. As we settle into our new home, please note that we’re undergoing a lot of changes.
What to expect:
- We’re having some difficulty importing comments to the website. If we’ve lost any, I apologize.
- We manually re-added links. We are trying to be far more organized, so links have their own subcategories. If you don’t see yours there, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re still tweaking the website quite a bit, so we’re working on twitter badge, facebook, social share, template, and various other plug-ins.
- Some of our pages are funky looking, unfortunately. In fact, suffice it to say that we’re a bit of a mess at the moment. Those good ole moving blues where it’s kind of like we have unpacked boxes sitting around. We’re keeping the old theme, though.
- All old posts have been imported into the new website, but we are keeping the old posts here as well. Reason for that is to keep an archive and to re-direct repeat visitors from this URL to the new URL. New posts will continue over there, without any update to this one. Don’t miss it!
- Good news: We’re still the crazy crew of Ghillieman, Mongo, and Dharma!
So, hurry your booty over to that new website! I’m still basking in the glow of having our own brand new domain site. Remember that new car smell? Yeah, novelty hasn’t worn off yet.
Cheers and see you there,
ETA: It would be very helpful to me if you pointed me in the direction of the best themes to use. You can share in the comments below! I wanted something like PageLines and Themia for:
- Option to change font type, style, and sizes for post titles, subtitles, and content. That was cool.
- Sleek and professional lay-out, while maintaining a personal feel.
- Variety of lay-out and templates within the theme, as well as varying color schemes. It would be nice to have a bit of Elegant Grunge w/ a Pageline or Themia layout! Lol.
- When pressing a nav button (pages, subscribe button, etc), it looks squishy. I love that!
- They didn’t quite have this for me (or I was too dumb to figure it out), but I wanted awesome social buttons lined up at the top of the site.
- Any sizes of customizable header.
- Both Pageline and Themia are premium themes, but they had options to get free/lite versions of those themes. I couldn’t find that for the others.
- Oh, and works within my budget! That includes free to $30.
What do you say?
Maybe you’re like us. You get creaky bones and aching joints. Your 23 year old wife groans every time you stretch and something pops. And no matter what you do, you find yourself involved in projects and activities that tend to aid you in the quest of losing a body part. You should relate.
Or maybe you’re not like that at all. You’re one of those young’uns who like to laugh their asses off at old people. In that case, we’re sure you’ll enjoy reading our endeavors and sage advice. Trust me, being around the block enough times, it’s easy to pontificate as though you have all the wisdom in the world.
So, what exactly are we up to? We make food that stand up. We re-create survival scenarios. We shoot stuff. We unwittingly put ourselves into fantastic joke fodders. We like to play with metal, which makes Dharmachick cringe and brace herself for the moment she has to apply her first aid knowledge on us. We’re a huge fan of Survivorman, Dual Survival, and Good Eats.
Every now and then, we settle our old creaky bones down and gravitate towards sci-fi shows that should have never been shut down. Yeah, this is pretty much the life. And you’ve just received the privilege of peeking into the old and treacherous world of Ghillieman and Mongo. Oh, yeah, and Ghillieman’s wife, Dharmachick. She’s kind of our editor and manager because we don’t know what the crap we’re doing.
We welcome you.